These fluffy and thick Keto Chocolate Pancakes are a delicious and decadent way to start your day that happens to be low-carb!
It’s hard to beat a tall stack of pancakes in the morning. Whether it’s a special treat on a lazy weekend morning or a breakfast you throw together in the busy before-school rush, everyone loves pancakes in the morning.
And if you’re on the keto diet, NuTrail pancake mix makes it easier than ever to make classic fluffy pancakes without throwing off your low-carb day.
Ingredients for Keto Chocolate Pancakes
The great part about this recipe is that it starts with our pancake mix, so you don’t need a long list of dry ingredients. To round out the mix, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Unsweetened cocoa powder. This is the key to the rich, chocolatey flavor.
- Monk fruit sweetener. Feel free to use any keto sweetener you like. Or, if you prefer a less sweet flavor, you can omit this ingredient altogether.
- Eggs. These help bind the pancakes together and give them structure.
- Coconut oil. Melt the coconut oil for a few seconds in the microwave before adding it to the batter for easier mixing.
- Heavy cream. You can also use milk or buttermilk if you prefer, but heavy cream adds extra fats to the macros in your meal.
- Vanilla to help balance the chocolate flavor.
- Butter. Use unsalted butter to cook the pancakes in a skillet or on a flat grill pan.
Topping Ideas for Keto Pancakes
The fun part about these pancakes is that they’re easy to customize with your favorite keto-friendly toppings. Here are some low-carb additions to your stack of pancakes:
- Fresh berries
- Coconut or regular whipped cream sweetened with monk fruit sweetener
- Sugar-free maple syrup
- Sugar-free chocolate or caramel sauce
Can I Make Chocolate Waffles?
Yes! If you’d like to make waffles instead of pancakes, follow the directions as written.
Instead of cooking on a skillet, add the batter to a preheated and greased waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Prep time: 10 minutes
1 cup NuTrail pancake mix
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener
2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, cocoa powder, and monk fruit. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the eggs, coconut oil, cream, and vanilla. Whisk to combine the wet ingredients. Fold the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Add half of the butter. When melted, add the pancake batter ¼ cup at a time. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until bubbles on the surface pop and the underside is golden brown. Reduce the heat to low to prevent burning. Flip and cook the other side for 1–2 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve the pancakes immediately.
More Keto-Friendly Recipes
If you love these fluffy chocolate pancakes, try these other recipes with NuTrail products next: