Pecan & Thyme Goat Cheese Balls
Pecan and thyme-crusted goat cheese balls are a fast, simple three-ingredient appetizer recipe that happens to be low carb and totally crowd-pleasing.
Next time you’re having guests over or headed to a friend’s house, you may just want to whip up a batch of these fast and delicious goat cheese balls.
They require very little prep time and just three ingredients, but they always disappear fast at a party.
This version is also free of sugars, so it’s keto-friendly! Here’s what you need to know to make these tasty one-bite appetizers.
The ingredient list for keto goat cheese balls is impressibly simple. All you need is:
- Cream cheese, which should be at room temperature for the fluffiest texture. Full-fat cream cheese will give you the best flavor, but light or flavored cream cheese will also work.
- Goat cheese. You can use crumbled or a log of goat cheese, but it should also be at room temperature for easy mixing.
- Blue cheese to add a bit of funky flavor to your appetizer. If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, feel free to replace it with more goat cheese.
- NuTrail glazed pecans. These are sweet, savory, and perfectly crunchy. They make a delicious crust and mix-in for the cheese bites.
- Thyme. Fresh thyme is better than dried, which may be overpowering in this recipe.
These bites make a great appetizer for a party, whether you set them out on a table or pass them around.
Stick a toothpick or even a pretzel stick into each cheeseball ad let guests help themselves.
It’s best to keep the cheese balls in the fridge in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve.
They’ll taste great chilled or at room temperature, but they will melt if left out for too long.
Other Nuts to Try
NuTrail glazed pecans are a great way to add sweetness and crunch to the goat cheese balls.
However, if you’re not a pecan person, our glazed walnuts make a great substitute!
Yield: 12 balls
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
1 bag NuTrail glazed pecans, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, goat cheese, blue cheese, and salt until light and fluffy. Fold in ¼ cup chopped pecans.
- Place the remaining chopped pecans and thyme on a cutting board or large plate.
- Divide the cheese mixture into 1-inch balls, rolling them smooth between your hands.
- Roll each ball in the nut and herb mixture to coat all sides. Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
More Keto Recipes
Here are more of our most popular nutty, low-carb recipes to try next:
- Keto Chocolate Granola Pancakes are a family favorite breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert!
- Cacao Fat Bombs are two-bite treats for snack time, breakfast, or any time you need a pick-me-up.
- Keto Cheesecake Bites are packable, shareable desserts for any occasion.
NuTrail — Keto Nut Granolas and Nuts
Join our Keto Community on Instagram & Facebook.
Sign up to receive NuTrail updates.